The Laboratory of Neural Computation and Cognition at Brown University (PI: Michael J. Frank) is seeking a full-time lab manager. Our lab combines multiple levels of computational modeling and experimental work to understand the neural mechanisms underlying reinforcement learning, decision making, and cognitive control.
This position will expose the individual to various theoretical and methodological approaches in psychology and neuroscience, providing an excellent launching pad for future graduate studies.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and conduct electroencephalography (EEG), behavioral, and online (Amazon Mechanical Turk, Prolific) experiments
- Preprocess data and assist with data analysis and computational modeling
- Supervise and train undergraduate research assistants
- Prepare and submit administrative (e.g., IRB) and financial documents (e.g., grants)
- Support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment
This position requires:
- Bachelor???s degree in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, computer science, or related field
- Previous research experience in psychology or neuroscience lab (minimum 1-2 years preferred, equivalent combo of education and experience may be considered)
Please send your application (single PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Brief (bulleted) summary of your research interests and technical expertise (including programming background)
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Contact info of at least 2 references
Underrepresented minorities and/or individuals from underrpresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!
Deadline: Rolling basis until position is filled.
Start date of the position: December 2020.