Salary: £35,328 to £42,701 (London Allowance inclusive) | Location:London
We are seeking suitably qualified postdoctoral fellows interested in computational cognitiveneuroscience, decision neuroscience, and/or computational psychiatry. Projects will focus onmechanisms underlying decision making and behavioural change in health and disorder. Whereappropriate we will encourage development of a neuroimaging component (fMRI/MEG) to theresearch although this is not required. Potential supervisors include: Ray Dolan, Tobias Hauser, Quentin Huys, and Robb Rutledge.
The laboratory is located on Russell Square in London at the Max Planck UCL Centre for Computational Psychiatry, and is affiliated with the Wellcome Centre for Human Neuroimaging. The lab provides access to an excellent research and training environment and has longstanding ties with the Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit.
Strong applicants will have:
- Ph.D. in neuroscience, psychology, or a related quantitative field (e.g., computer science, engineering, physics).
- Expertise using computational approaches in the study of reinforcement learning and decision making or expertise with machine learning techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects, as evidenced by first-author publications.
- Strong mathematical and programming skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Those with a background in computational neuroscience may be especially suited for this position. Clinical experience is not required but an interest in contributing to research in psychiatry is desirable.The start date is flexible. Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to express your interest and include a CV and acover letter that describes your research interests and career plans.