Postdoctoral Associate Position in
Decision Neuroscience and Computational Psychiatry
The Decision Neuroscience & Cognitive Engineering Lab (PI: Dongil Chung; http://dnce.unist.ac.kr) and the Computational Clinical Science Lab (PI: Woo-Young Ahn; http://ccs-lab.github.io) are recruiting a postdoctoral associate in decision neuroscience and computational psychiatry with emphasis on functional neuroimaging and computational modeling. An ideal postdoctoral associate will be interested in studying human value-based and/or social decision-making using neuroimaging, computational modeling, Bayesian modeling, and/or machine learning. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on several projects. Specific research topics and training opportunities can be individually tailored. The labs will offer internationally competitive training and research opportunities.
The postdoctoral position is for two years. Further extensions are possible, contingent on performance and availability of funds. Workplace can be either at Seoul National University (SNU) or Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), based on the applicant’s preference. The position is available immediately, but later start dates are possible, as late as January 2019.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, but it will be highly competitive (approx. NIH level). The postdoctoral associate will enjoy (1) abundant opportunities for active international collaborations, (2) support for international conferences, and (3) cutting-edge computing resources.
• A PhD in cognitive or computational neuroscience, engineering, psychology, experimental economics, or a related field
• Facility with signal processing or computational/quantitative methods
• Strong programming background (e.g., MATLAB, R, Python)
• Demonstration of potential for excellence (e.g., publishing or submitting journal papers)
• A strong background in computational modeling and/or the designing and analysis of fMRI experiments highly desired
• Previous experience or strong interest in clinical research is desired but not required
How to apply:
To apply, please forward a statement of interest, CV, representative re- or pre-prints, and a list of (at least two) references. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and will end when the position is filled. Send inquiries and applications to Drs. Dongil Chung (email@example.com) and Woo-Young Ahn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dongil Chung, Ph.D. Woo-Young Ahn, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor Assistant Professor
Department of Human Factors Engineering Department of Psychology
UNIST Seoul National University
Ulsan, Korea 44919 Seoul, Korea 08862