The Montague laboratory at Virginia Tech in Roanoke, VA (USA) is seeking a postdoctoral associate who is a physiologist with excellent quantitative skills. The Montague lab is currently employing advanced quantitative methods to conduct leading-edge research on the role of neurotransmitters in the human brain. This position is an excellent opportunity for a biologically trained investigator to expand their analytical skills, learn new methods in machine learning, and to understand the roles of the neuromodulators dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine in human cognitive function and dysfunction.
A Postdoctoral Associate will usually also engage in:
1. Research Conceptualization: Coordinating with and assisting the PI in the design of experiment methodology and methods for analyzing the results of experiments.
2. Research Publications: Preparation of text, tables, and graphical information as appropriate for dissemination in peer-reviewed publications, or presentation at professional conferences or in book chapters.
3. Data Analysis: Analyzing the findings from research methods and transforming the results into formats appropriate for dissemination in peer reviewed publications or conference presentations or in formats that engender further analysis.
– PhD in computer science, mathematics, computational neuroscience, physics or appropriate discipline.
– Demonstrate experience relevant to making electrophysiological or electrochemical measurements with the desire to pursue both in conscious human subjects.
– Experience with human recordings and functional MRI is a plus but not necessary.
– Demonstrated track record of research excellence as indicated by peer-reviewed publications and presentations.
Application Review Begins August 14, 2017
Interested candidates should apply here: http://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/78531